Sunday, May 24, 2009

Maebry Updates - Week 2

Wow! Our daughter is a week old. Dusty and I marvel at the fact that we use to call this little one "bunny" in the beginning. Then we found out her gender and found a name and started calling her "Maebry." Now, we get to call her "daughter" and we both try to remind ourselves that we are parents...we are Maebry's parents and she is our daughter.

Anyhow, Maebry is doing well. All of her stats have improved. She is still breathing room air. She has a few "A and B's" where she needs assistance or reminders to breath. Our little bunny is gaining weight and getting longer as well.

And please note that Dusty and I have been holding our daughter using the Kangaroo Care method all week long. We trade off each day and sometimes we get to hold her 30 minutes and sometimes an hour. It some times depends on the nurse and some times on Maebry. So please enjoy the pictures and we hope you like Maebry's cute blue and pink toboggan.

Here is Maebry at exactly a week old. She is weighing about 2 lbs 5 ounces in this picture. She still has her little dried up umbilical cord on her soon to be belly button. You can also see her little Velcro circles that hold her shades on for her when the lamp is on.






Here is Maebry and her momma giving one another a cute little nose rub or "Eskimo kisses."
She is just a little over a week old and has so much love to give.








Here is a picture of Maebry sitting with her Daddy in Bay 2 of the NICU. She looks so cute
with her toboggan on. We love seeing her cute eyes and mouth open. You can tell that she sure does love her Daddy.







Hello WORLD!!

Maebry wanted to say hello and thank you for all of your heartfelt prayers and kind words.










Don't you just love watching our little angel sleep. I know, we do too!

And, don't you love her little open mouth. She sleeps just like her momma and daddy.





2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing photos. J and I would love to come visit sometime this week if you think you're up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! The pictures are so cute but Miss Maebry is even more adorable than her pictures!I'm so glad you're doing this blog and, yes, I've already "stolen" a few of the pictures for her scrapbook. Love you!

    ReplyDelete