Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Maebry Updates - Week 3 in the Life of Mae!

Weight gaining in the USA!! Weight gaining the USA...or in the St. David's NICU. Maebry Kraatz has been gaining weight all week long. She might lose a gram here or there but every day she makes it up and then put some more ounces in her little diapers. And no, I don't mean she is going poopie. Which by the way she is.

Dusty and I had a great week with Maebry this week. Maebry was moved from Bay 2 to Bay 7 with more babies and more nurses. The nursing staff and her Nurse Practitioner told us Maebry is making the great progress. They all keep saying that this bay is the pit stop before she gets to move in with the big kids. Yes, we know it might take a few more weeks and maybe a little to get her in with the big kids but we are sooooo proud and happy, too.

As of Sunday morning, Maebry is weighing at 3 lbs and 8 ounces. She has officially gained a pound since her birth.

Also, thanks to Grandmomma K (aka Cindy Kraatz) and Poppa (Alvie Kraatz) Maebry has some really cute clothes to wear during her week 3 in the NICU. Please note Dusty and I have all the clothes that Maebry was given as gifts at home. They are awaiting and a wash & a dry, which brings up why more clothes we will be with her soon. We haven't got our new dryer yet. It will be here by next Thursday. Yeah for new dryers!!

I hope you enjoy this weeks photos.


We love you all and thank you one and all for your love and support!

Here we see the daily hand off to momma! Maebry really LOVES being in her mommy's arms. We have been swaddling her more often so she can keep herself nice and toasty...more kangaroo care to come though!









Just a fun little family pic while Christa holds Mae. Everyone say cheese!!











There are few things better to Maebry than having mommy hold her paci in place while she goes night night. Plus...you'll notice Mae is returning the favor and helping out by holding Christa's hand too =)








Here is a wide view of where Maebry spent most of week two/half of week three. For a little while she had her own little mini-suite, which was nice!









This is one of our collective FAVORITE pics so far that we have. Looks like she is reaching for the camera...ready to come on out! Sweet little girl!

4 comments:

  1. D & C,

    Maebry is absolutely adorable! I am so happy and grateful that she is doing so well - three weeks makes a big difference, doesn't it? We're still sending up prayers for her, as well as sending good thoughts your way. Thanks for keeping the blog updated. Can't wait to hold Miss Mae! Love to you all -

    Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this blog. I can't believe how she is growing. What a little fighter! You are definitely gonna have a stinker on your hands! Our love and prayers are with you daily. Keep the pics and stats coming!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! That's it.. im up there asap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maebry is just absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. I hope that I can come and see you guys soon. Let me know. Talk to ya soon!
    Love Ya,
    Yoki Riggs

    ReplyDelete