Friday, March 12, 2010

Our "Happy Ever After..."

WOW! Dusty and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary today. We both woke up this morning and wished each other our sweet salutations of love. Dusty helped grab my breakfast as I got ready for work. He takes over Mae duties and they stand outside to waved goodbye to me as I head to work.

However, here are some more sentiments of love for my husband on our special day.

First, I can't believe all the things we have done together over the past five years. We have moved twice, bought a home, went LA once, Vegas thrice, New Jersey & NYC once, Niagara Falls once, Super Bowl once, Mexico once (we need more, honey)and a particular Austin hospital too many times to count. And created the most beautiful, special and precious gift from God once. Babe, I know there is more but I will need your help remembering it all, go figure.

Second, I want everyone to know that I am the luckiest gal around. I know other people tout a fact like that but I am living proof. I remember as a girl my mom telling you might have to kiss a lot toads before you find your prince. I did not really read to much into fairy tales or the belief of "and they lived happy ever after". But, there is always but...then I meet Dusty. What a prince and what luck I would have. He wooed and I lingered, he persisted and I waited. He fell and I joined him. We feel in love.

Third, my life is better every day I have him in it. I know his parents are proud of the great man they raised. I am happy they share him with me. We love you Cindy and Alvie. And speaking of parents, I am grateful for mine. I was raised by divorced parents but I realize it took time and making different lives to help my parents find their true love. My parents now have that, and I grateful to God every day they were able to find their lucky halves. I love you Mom and Gary & Daddy and Sue. I love the fact that I have some many people to call my parents. Dusty and I love you all.

Lastly, if I can explain it, I have tried telling people sometime you need a partner who compliments you in your life. Dusty is definitely that. He is my "Yen" to my "Yang". I am tyrant and he is the King. I am dragon and he fierce warrior who tames me. He is also the best father to our little bunny, Maebry. He manages his business, earns an income, and helps raise our child all at the same time and from the comforts of our home. His love for our daughter is beyond comprehension. It's worthy of many books, poems, or biblical scriptures. He is selfless and the noblest man I know. And I smile and tear up sometimes from happiness each time I think about my adorable family at home. The same pair, who waits for me and greets me outside when I come home from work. Too SWEET!

Honey, you make me happy. I know you feel like you have to work at it some times. You mustn’t try so hard. Happiness is truly is made, not given. And we made it together!! Here's to MANY more years of making happiness.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful, this made me tear up a little bit. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying as I am typing this!! I love you both. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - yes, the tears are falling as they always do when my heart is touched. All we ever wanted for our son is for him to be happy and, because of you, he is. We love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete